SPRING INTO POETRY
APRIL 12 TO APRIL 29, 2019
Explore poetry with Chicago Public Library’s
Spring Learning Challenge:
• Check out new poetry books
• Make up new lyrics to your favorite song
• Memorize a poem and recite it for your librarian
• Write your own poem (try a limerick or haiku)
• Draw a picture to go with your favorite poem
Anything you do can be counted somehow.
So read and write and have some fun!
Complete the following:
1. Read anything you want for 20 minutes a day for at least 5 days.
2. Discover some new poetry and share what you create, like a poem or a drawing!
When you have completed the challenge, return this log to your branch library by May 6 to receive a prize.