Hi Playground Builders,
Date: Saturday, August 9,2014
Contact Info: Lisa Weisenberger firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thrilled to announce that O.A. Thorp Scholastic Academy has received a grant from KaBOOM! to build a playground! KaBOOM! is a national non-profit dedicated to saving play for America’s children through community partnerships and playground construction.
We need volunteers! Thorp’s Build Day will be on August 9, from 7:00-12:30. This will be a community build effort to help make our kid’s playground dreams a reality in such a short time span. We are seeking approximately 200 volunteers to help on our Build Day and 40 volunteers to help us prepare on Thursday, August 7th and Friday, August 8th. Volunteers do not have to be trained, skilled or have any special tools! You need only to be enthusiastic, energetic and willing to work while having fun!
The deadline to sign up is August 1st.
Come as an individual or bring a team (please no more than 10 people from any one group and not dressed in any corporate branded clothing) but you must be pre-registered to volunteer so sign up today!
Volunteer sign up: Volunteer Spot Volunteers ( http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/9556498040112.)
Tool donations: Tools will be needed for the duration of the build, August 6th – 9th, and will be securely stored on site. Please mark your items clearly with your name so they can be easily reclaimed at the end of Build Day on August 9th. Volunteer Spot Tools (http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/27521338037)
If you are interested in being part of the planning process or have connections for various items that will be needed on build and prep days (food, tools, volunteer groups, etc.) Please contact, Lisa Weisenberger at email@example.com. Whatever skills you have can be put to good use!!
The committees you can help with during the planning process include:
- Community Engagement: Building relationships to help make the project a reality
- Construction Committee: Collect tools and materials and coordinate site preparation
- Youth Engagement: Develop activities to get youth actively involved in the build process
- Safety and Maintenance: Ensure site safety for the build and plan to keep the playground safe and maintained for visitors after build day
- Public Relations: Works with project partners to make sure the community is fully aware of the playground project
- Food Committee: Keeps volunteers fueled up and fed with breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Fundraising Committee: Organizes fundraising and coordinates donation requests
- Green Team (recycling): Develop plans to keep the build as environmentally friendly as possible
- Logistics: Works behind the scenes making sure the project and build run smoothly
- Recruitment and Registration: Recruit volunteers to build the playground
Stay tuned for additional details! All Thorp students will be receiving a call on the week before the playground build to remind our parents that we need your help. We hope to see you there.